Abstaining from alcoholic drinks does not mean you miss out on the fun! Your reason to skip alcohol could be any. However, stopping yourself from guzzling drinks because you've stopped the intake of alcohol is unfair. The choices are plenty for men and women who do not drink alcohol.
The term mocktail (non-alcoholic drink) has been derived from the word cocktail (drinks with alcohol). Somewhere, the need arose to create a special concoction for men and women who do not drink alcohol. Now, the simple mocktail only replicates the concoctions sans alcohol. (And who says they do not taste great?)
5 Easy Mocktail Recipes for Home Parties
Mocktails have an excellent combination of fruits juices, soft drinks, cream, fruits, syrups, etc. as per the recipe created. Today, the bartender has gone beyond the regular ‘Virgin Bloody Mary mocktail'. You can experiment with various ingredients with easy and sparkling non-alcoholic cocktail recipes for men and women who do not drink.
Make these for your personal or business parties, and it is sure to be an instant hit. These mocktail recipes are accessible, family-friendly, and the younger lot can have it too! (At least, you know there'll be no hangovers!) It is all about getting the balance of the ingredients right. With practice, you'll be able to master the recipes.
Delicious Mocktail Recipe with Mango
We can all agree about the lusciousness of mangoes. Why not add it to the mocktail? Here's how -
☑ Mango juice - ¼ cup
☑ Grapefruit juice - ¼ cup
☑ Raspberry juice – juice of 4-6 raspberries
☑ Lime juice – 1 Tbsp
☑ Ginger grated – 1 tsp
☑ Ground granola and a lime wedge for garnish.
☑ A tall glass for serving.
- Now that you've donned the bartender's role work like a professional! Rub the lime wedge around the selected glass. Dip this glass in granola. This step is optional and is entirely dependent upon your choice.
- Pour the raspberry juice into the glass. Then add a tablespoon of lime juice. Once done, drop in the grated ginger. Stir in the strikingly yellow mango juice. Now add the grapefruit juice.
- Keep stirring the mixture in the glass. Add ice cubes before you serve.
Grapefruit Mocktail Recipe
This drink will appeal to those who love visually great mocktails. This drink is unquestionably appealing and tastes fantastic too. Try it!
☑ Pomegranate syrup – 4 - 5 tsp
☑ Sanding Sugar, colored – 2 Tbsp or more
☑ Grapefruit Juice – 1 ½ - 2 cups
☑ Ice Cubes – as required
☑ Lime – 1
- Firstly, cut lime into round slices. Slice them very slender. Next, place the colored sanding sugar on a large plate. Use the round slices of the lime as a gentle rub on the rim of your selected glasses.
- You can take around 5-6 glass for this mocktail recipe. Your next step is to dip the edges of each glass into the sanding sugar. Allow to coat evenly.
- Next, pour one tsp of the pomegranate syrup into each glass that forms the base.
- Now, it is time to add the grapefruit juice and ice cubes (as per your choice) into the blender. Allow the cubes to become crushed and then, pour this delicious juice into the glasses prepared earlier. Use a gentle stirring motion to mix the ingredients.
- Decorate the glass with the lime. Your mocktail drink is ready.
Delicious Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
If you love the combination of pineapple and coconut cream, this mocktail recipe is just for you.
☑ *Pineapple juice - 500 ml
☑ Coconut Cream - 200ml
☑ Lime Juice- 4-5 tsp
☑ Bananas – 2 (ripened)
☑ Ice – 1 large cup
☑ Lime wedges – only for serving
*It is best you prepare this at home; an unbeatable, fresh flavor!
- Combine these gorgeous ingredients in the blender.
- Take four tall glasses and pour the mixture into these.
- Add the lime wedges or a piece of pineapple for serving.
You can go creative with your presentation skills as mocktails are also about the delighting the visual senses.
Virgin Mojito Recipe - Alcohol-Free Mojito
This non-alcoholic drink will surely be a hit with friends and family!
☑ Sugar – 1 Tbsp
☑ Lemon – 1
☑ Fresh Mint Leaves – 15 nos.
☑ Ice cubes
☑ Lemonade / Sprite – 400 or 500 ml
- The magic of mojito mocktail is in the freshness of the mint leaves.
- Crush the mint leaves into small pieces. Slice small-sized lemon wedges.
- Take two serving glasses. Place the crushed mint leaves and lime wedges into these glasses.
- Next, add the sugar. Mix the combination well. Add ice cubes.
- Pour in the cold lemonade. Your delicious mojito is ready!
Shirley Temple Mocktail Recipe with Sprite
This mocktail is simple but fantastic, and you can make it with leftover sprite.
☑ *Grenadine – 2 Tbsp
☑ Maraschino Cherry - 1
☑ Orange Juice – ¼ cup
☑ Soft drink (Sprite) – ¾ cup
*Grenadine - This is a syrup with a tangy and sweet flavor and is often used for mocktails.
- Take a tall glass and pour the orange juice with Sprite.
- Add the 2 Tbsp of grenadine. Allow the syrup to seep slowly.
- Visually, it should create the layers of the juices. Use the cherry for garnish.
☑ 1/2 cup granulated sugar
☑ 1/2 cup water
☑ 1/2 ripe peach (roughly 80 grams)
☑ 85 grams of raspberries
☑ 1/2 bunch fresh thyme (30 twigs with the ends cut )
☑ 1/2 liter of soda
- Put water and sugar to boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, occasionally stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat to cool.
- Then pass this syrup to a tightly closed container.
- Cut the peach half into four thick slices, add to the previous syrup and stir until combined and refrigerate 4 hours to two days.
- When ready to serve, pass the syrup through a fine strainer, filling half a bowl, to discard the peach.
- Add in the bowl half raspberries and thyme. Crush the raspberries to release their juice.
- Pass the resulting syrup through a sieve with a spatula pressing the solids retained to extract as much possible. Add the soda and stir well until everything is combined well .
- Pour syrup in our broad glass full of ice and garnish with sprigs of thyme and remaining raspberries and ready.
Here's hoping you'll raise your glass high for these simple mocktail recipes. Have fun!
If you are trying to beat the summer here are some easy veg. Salad recipes for summer to stay fresh and healthy and goes well with these easy to make mocktails.