Girls dream to grow strong, thick and long hair. Few like curly hair while rest like straight hair. Nowadays we can undergo chemical treatments to get the desired style which we prefer. Most use hot iron or blow dry for temporarily setting their hair to the a style that suits them for a party or an event. But amidst all the styling and hair setting, we tend to forget that most hair services also damages the hair to a certain extent. Many times all it takes is a little humidity to bring out the worst in your hair.
In my case, I have undergone chemical hair smoothing thrice at Lakme and also Keratin treatment (permanent blow dry) at Habibs. These are the best treatments in the market and I loved how my hair used to look very healthy and shiny in the beginning. But, later on I used to get lots of split ends and it was getting difficult to manage my hair. The best remedy was Hair Spa which helped, once or twice a month. But Hair Spa at good salons are expensive and difficult to manage twice a month.
Benefits of Hair Spa
- It enhances hair growth, especially for color treated or straightened, smoothened hair.
- De-stress from a busy work schedule. Relax by yourself
- Enhances blood circulation and keeps you more relaxed.
- Steaming your hair brings back lost moisture. A normal facial steamer works fine for me. After applying your mask wrap your head loosely with a dry towel and enclose the steamer for 5 minutes towards the back leaving the hair exposed to the steam. I use the one displayed on right.
[ BUY:Flipkart, Amazon]
Later on it just struck me that I do the same myself at home rather than spending 2-4K every month. I searched on the internet and I got few hair spa masks which the premium range salons use. The results were great and I do it anytime I want from the comfort of my room. Also I could combine multiple treatments into one mask for better results.
How to Use a Hair Spa Mask
The hair spa mask you need to apply to your hair consists of 3 parts of the mask itself mixed with 1 part of any treatment serum based on the hair problems.
- Wash you hair with recommended shampoo. ( Note: Before using a hair spa mask you have to wash you hair with professional grade shampoo and conditioner. Read my article about the best shampoos for hairfall or dandruff and daily use )
- Then in a small cup take some quantity of the mask depending on your hair length and thickness (2 tbsp. for medium length).
- Pour a teaspoonful of treatment serum (see below) and mix it well and then apply it on your hair from root to tip.
- Massage your scalp for about 10-15 min and steam your hair and leave it for about 20 min.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly only with cold water and let your hair dry naturally. 6. Repeat it once a week for best results. You can go for treatment serum only if necessary.
Best Hair Spa Masks (Masque) & Hair Spa Treatment Serums Online
Here are few hair spa masks which I would recommend :
1. Schwarzkopf Spa Essence Enriching / Hydrating Cream Mask
Pollution, stress, excessive styling and unhealthy lifestyle ruins your hair. Rejuvenate your dry damaged hair with Schwarzkopf Professional Spa Essence range. Schwarzkopf Spa Essence Enriching Cream Mask regenerates damaged hair and strengthens the hair structure. You can also choose the Spa Essence Hydrating mask if your hair feels too dry.
2. Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Oil Miracle Gold Shimmer Treatment
|Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Oil Miracle Golden Shimmer Treatment Mask [BUY: Amazon, Purplle ]|
Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Oil Miracle Gold Shimmer Treatment with Argon oil deeply recharges the hair from within the strands and nourishes it with precious oils. It combines the indulgent care of precious oils with a luxurious appearance and rich texture. Results in a lustrous shine and remarkable soft and silkiness.
Usage: Work Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Oil Miracle Gold Shimmer Treatment into towel-dried hair and rinse out after 5-10 minutes.
3. MoroccanOil - Intense Hydrating Mask
|MoroccanOil Intense Hydrating Mask [BUY: Amazon ]||MoroccanOil Treatment Oil [BUY: Amazon ]|
Moroccan Intense Hydrating mask is one of the best products that I have ever used (and the most expensive). It gives a better result to your hair.residue-free formula can be used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool. It blends perfectly with other products and even speeds up drying time. This treatment for hair completely transforms and repairs as its formula transports lost proteins for strength. It works well to strengthen my damaged ends.
Sometimes your hair requires additional conditioning. Your hair can moisturized and conditioned properly with this 5-minute revival treatment. Its ideal for thick hair and the remarkable Argan oil rich formulas deeply hydrate and condition while significantly improving your hair texture, shine and manageability.
4. Kerastase Elixir Ultimo Beautifying Oil Masque
|Kerastase Elixir Ultimo Beautifying Oil Masque [BUY: Purplle, Nykaa, Amazon ]||Kerastase Elixir Ultime Immortal Moringa [BUY: Purplle, Nykaa ]|
Enriched with a high concentration of precious oils, moisturizing serum. Leaves hair feeling luxuriously nourished and soft to the touch. This Masque revives the natural strength of hair. Deeply nourishes your hair as well gives your hair ultimate shine. It Leaves hair feeling weightless. Penetrates to the deepest of the hair fiber. It smells really good and I love the golden colored packaging. Usage: Apply a small amount of masque to the lengths and ends of the hair. Massage in gently, focusing on the most damaged areas. Leave to work for 10 minutes, then rinse well.
The reason for writing this article is only to make your aware of the the high quality homemade spa products available online shops, that you can buy for much cheaper off-shelf and give yourself a relaxing spa with fantastic results. I believe salons and hair studios cost too much for one time and the same salon treated hair results can be achieved buy doing hair spa at home with these amazing product. Let me know in comments how was your experience and if you have any questions.