Ever been in a hurry to whip up breakfast and reached out for eggs? That is a typical story! Eggs form a critical part of a majority breakfast menus. Firstly, it is faster to prepare any egg dish. Secondly, eggs offer great versatility for everyone! You may cook a dish that is as necessary as boiled eggs or an elaborate preparation.
Boiled eggs are the most preferred dish for professionals who are hard pressed for time. All you need to do is boil them and sprinkle some salt and black pepper powder. Not everyone can master the trick to peeling boiled eggs neatly. Often, the result is a big mess with an abnormal looking boiled egg that ultimately has to be eaten up, no matter the state! Tiny bits of egg shells stuck to the boiled eggs only add to the trouble. Ever peeled your eggs to find moon-shaped craters? We know how you feel!
Best Way to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs Easily
If you’ve been on that path where you surely wanted to eat a perfectly boiled egg but had to dispose of most of it due to shells, then hold on! You are not the only one struggling to understand how to remove quickly boiled egg shells. Here are some tips to peel eggs and start your breakfast on a happy note! Also try our microwave steam cooked recipes.
Here’s how to quickly peel eggs without making a mess!
- One of the easiest ways to peel boiled eggs is to wait till the eggs cool down. This certainly takes time and may be annoying when you are in a hurry. It will give you the best results when they turn to room temperature after boiling them. Allow to cool and then peel. A tip you can watch out for is to begin boiling the eggs in cold water. This helps to cook eggs better and is useful during the peeling process.
- The trick also lies in cracking the egg correctly. Allow the eggs to cool down. Then, gently shatter it on the edge of the sink. Begin peeling. If you find this messy, take a spoon. Give a gentle tap on the center of the egg. This will allow you to separate both sides of the boiled egg smoothly. Do not crack it too hard else there may be too many pieces of the shell.
- If you are in a rush and don't want to wait till the boiled eggs return to normal temperature, then place them in a bowl full of cool water.
- If you have already attempted the above techniques to peel eggs, then you can opt for this method. Roll boiled eggs gently between your hands. This is useful when you have less number of boiled eggs to peel. Once you roll it, the shell will come off quickly.
- This tip is the best way to peel a boiled egg.
Place your hardboiled egg in a medium sized glass. Fill it halfway with water. Once done, put your hand over the rim of the glass. Allow the palm of the hand to cover if completely. Then, shake the glass vigorously. Repeat the action for a few seconds. You can do this from a clean platform in case you do not want the egg slipping out or the water dripping out. The egg shells will pop open inside the glass. Simple if you get it right, watch the video below.
- This idea has been quite popular and viewed a lot on YouTube. If this works for you, don't forget to thank them for this wonderful tip!
- One crucial advice includes the purchase date. Eggs that are too fresh are not recommended for this process. Peeling boiled eggs is easier when you choose eggs that are a little old. Eggs that are 5-7 days old are suitable!
- Another trick is to add two teaspoons of vinegar to lukewarm water with the eggs. Add a teaspoon of salt to the container. Bring the water to a boil. Wait for the full boil for two minutes. Once done, transfer it from heat and place it aside for 10 min. Now, rinse with cold water. Drain the water and begin peeling the eggs!
Using a Hard Boiled Egg Peeler
Many shopping websites have a good number of egg peelers on display. Why have egg peelers? The best thing about egg peelers is that it does the job in a few seconds! Now, that is great news for many who do not have a minute to spare and need to get the task done speedily and cleanly.
Are you still confused about using egg peelers? Fret not! We’ll tell you how.
Egg peelers like the Eggstractor are easy to use. It comes with a small stand also known as a tractor, where you need to place the egg, with the shorter end of the boiled egg facing down. Tap the boiled egg gently before putting it on the stand. Once done, put the dome and apply even pressure. The egg comes right down, and you can easily pull off the entire egg shell. Simple and easy, isn’t it? No hassles, no fuss, and the egg pops out clean if you apply the right pressure.
Tips to Use Egg Peelers Correctly:
- Keep the boiled eggs in an ice water bath for 10 minutes. After this step, it will be very easy to use such egg peelers. Tap them correctly before placing it on the tractor.
- Egg peelers are perfect for hard boiled eggs. Ensure you boil them right. Undercooking an egg will only result in a mess! You can even opt for a microwave hard boiled egg cooker that will give you perfectly boiled eggs in no time!
- Refer to online videos that show you how to peel eggs flawlessly using an egg peeler. This will help first-time users to get the trick correctly and use the egg peeler to the maximum.
Egg peelers are a perfect option when you want to peel eggs quickly and without a mess. These offer unique flexibility to the working Mom or to the busy professional who does not have enough time to waste in the kitchen. Egg peelers are ideal when you have guests over and need to whip up breakfast in a large numbers. Such kitchen equipment is perfect for those who need to cook solo.
Why Boiled Eggs are Good for You
The health benefits of boiled eggs are many. Of course, these are high in protein! Hard boiled eggs, when consumed, repair the tissues in our body. It also comprises of vitamin A, which is useful for our body. Hard boiled eggs are exceptionally essential to keep our bones and teeth strong due to the presence of Vitamin D. It is a rich source of calcium. In case you are calorie conscious, you can avoid consuming the egg yolk as it contain harmful fats. This ensures you consume only the lean protein that is found in the egg whites. (This is suitable for people who prefer to avoid feeling too full after consuming boiled eggs.) Hard boiled eggs also include ample, healthy fats. This regularizes our blood sugar. Maybe you can also try these quick Indian microwave recipes.
Now, boiled eggs should no longer be a nightmare for you! With these suggestions, we are sure that you can boil eggs and remove the shells in no time. Don’t forget to share your tips with us too.