We all love KFC style chicken and we can easily prepare this delicious fried chicken at home anytime. Here, we are sharing a very authentic recipe for KFC style fried chicken.
These quick and easy fried chicken recipes are ideal as anytime snacks and are suitable for house parties, picnics, Christmas, New Year, festive occasions, birthday parties and other small get-togethers.
Homemade KFC Style Chicken Recipe
☑ Chicken Pieces- 1 kg
☑ Two days old Small white bread with brown crusts removed- 2 for making breadcrumbs
☑ Powdered oregano – 1 teaspoon
☑ Oats crushed- 4 tablespoons
☑ Salt- as per taste
☑ Vegetable Oil- for frying
☑ Maida or All Purpose Flour- 4 cups
☑ Milk- 6 tablespoons
☑ Eggs- 4
☑ Tomato Soup Mix Powder- 1 Packet
☑ Black Pepper Powder- 1 tablespoon
☑ Red Chilli Powder- 1 tablespoon
☑ Salt- 1 teaspoon
☑ Pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
☑ Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
☑ Lemon Juice- 2 tablespoons
☑ Garlic paste- 3 tablespoons
For making bread crumbs: Toast the old bread slices on tawa or a flat pan until crisp. Now dice the toasted bread and put these bread pieces into a food processor or mixer to grind them into breadcrumbs.
Method of Cooking KFC style Fried Chicken:
- Marinate chicken pieces with lemon juice, red chilli powder, pepper powder, garlic paste, and salt for two hours.
- In a plate, add flour, salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder, oregano powder, tomato soup mix powder, crushed oats, and breadcrumbs. Stir and mix these dry ingredients together very well.
- In a bowl, add the egg yolks, beat the eggs well, and pour milk into this and beat very well together till a smooth mixture forms.
- Take a piece of marinated chicken and add it to the flour mixture on the plate to coat the chicken well.
- Dip the smeared chicken in the egg mixture in bowl.
- Now, again put the chicken piece in the flour mixture to the plate and coat very well. Shake off the excess flour mixture and keep ready aside.
- With this same dip-and-cover method prepare and coat well all the other chicken pieces and keep them ready.
- Now, sweat the oil in a large wok. Add the coated chicken pieces and deep fry in hot oil.
- Do not crowd the pieces while frying. You can add four pieces at a time for deep frying. Fry the chicken pieces very well.
- Turn the gas flame to medium and fry the chicken pieces till golden brown and well cooked. Turn over the chicken pieces to cook nicely from all sides.
- Fry the chicken pieces in batches. Your yummy KFC style chicken is ready.
Apart from KFC style chicken, we have also given recipes of other famous chicken snacks below along with these leftover food recipes.
3 Simple Fried Chicken Snack Recipes:
Cheesy Chicken Fried Balls
- In a big bowl, add boiled chicken keema / cooked chicken minced, grated cheese, boiled and mashed potatoes and mix all these ingredients very well. Now, add an egg yolk to this mixture, and also add chopped green coriander leaves, cornflour, salt, black pepper powder and half teaspoon of baking powder. Again mix all these together very well in the bowl.
- Now, take a small amount of this above-prepared chicken cheese mixture on your palm and make small balls with your hands. Make a few balls from this mix.
- In another small bowl beat an egg yolk. On a plate pour breadcrumbs.
- Now, dip each chicken ball in egg yolk and then roll them in breadcrumbs to coat each ball very well.
- Deep fry the coated chicken balls in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Quick Pan Stir Fried Chicken
- Take few chicken leg pieces. Make slits on the meat with a knife or prick with a fork for better marination.
- Mix the chicken legs with lots of garlic paste, ginger paste, thick yoghurt, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, take out the chicken legs and keep at room temperature for three hours.
- Now, warm oil in a wide pan and add the chicken leg pieces. Fry the chicken pieces in medium flame. Turn the chicken pieces frequently and deep fry them in hot oil.
- Cover the pan and cook well till the chicken gets completely well prepared. Serve with rice or bread.
Best Oven Fried Chicken with Honey
- Mix three tablespoons of olive oil, one-fourth cup of soya sauce, five tablespoons of honey, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, pepper powder, red chilli powder, and salt in a baking dish that is 3 inches deep. Mix all these ingredients together in this baking dish very well.
- Take ten chicken legs. Now, add the chicken leg pieces in the baking dish and roll the chicken pieces in the prepared mixture to coat them all very well. Each chicken leg must get a coating of this mix.
- Cover the baking dish with a plastic wrap and marinate the chicken legs in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, take out the plate and keep them in the room temperature for some time.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- You must remove the plastic wrap and bake the chicken leg pieces for almost an hour, turning them over at a certain point of time, to ensure proper cooking from all sides.
- Your delicious honey chicken is ready. Garnish chicken with chopped fresh green coriander leaves.
Prepare these easy chicken snacks and tasty KFC style chicken at home and surprise your guests, friends and family members which are served well with these microwave steam cooked recipes.